Proteus is a Virtual System Modelling and circuit simulation application. The suite combines mixed mode SPICE circuit simulation, animated components and microprocessor models to facilitate co-simulation of complete microcontroller based designs. Proteus also has the ability to simulate the interaction between software running on a microcontroller and any analog or digital electronics connected to it. It simulates Input / Output ports, interrupts, timers, USARTs and all other peripherals present on each supported processor.
This is not the full Proteus software, it is a demo version. The Limitations of the demonstration version are as follows:
- You cannot print any Schematics, Bill of Materials or Layouts.
- You cannot save your work.
- You cannot simulate your own microcontroller designs.
You can however write your own software programs to run on the existing sample design suite for evaluation purposes. It is not time limited!
Proteus is a free trial software published in the Math & Scientific Tools list of programs, part of Business.
This Math & Scientific Tools program is available in English. It was last updated on 2021-07-14. Proteus is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows.
The company that develops Proteus is Proteus. The latest version released by its developer is 8.12. This version was rated by 1244 users of our site and has an average rating of 3.1.
The download we have available for Proteus has a file size of . Just click the green Download button above to start the downloading process. The program is listed on our website since 2017-02-28 and was downloaded 897992 times. We have already checked if the download link is safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus. If your antivirus detects the Proteus as malware or if the download link is broken, use the contact page to email us.
How to install Proteus on your Windows device:
- Click on the Download button on our website. This will start the download from the website of the developer.
- Once the Proteus is downloaded click on it to start the setup process (assuming you are on a desktop computer).
- When the installation is finished you should be able to see and run the program.
posted on 2017-02-28
Proteus 8.12 - New Features:
- Multi-Board Support: A formal scheme for product designs which have multiple rigid boards but a single schematic. Each board can have its own stackup and design rules and work on specific boards can be switched via a simple combo box. The design explorer module provides a global overview of the project and all of the output systems such as Bill of Materials and CADCAM are board aware.
- Differential Pair Pass Through: It's very common for passive devices to be part of the differential pair (between source and destination pins). This makes it harder to treat the signal as a single entity and complicates things like length matching. In this release we've introduced a scheme whereby you can specify these passives as pass through devices. They will then contribute any specified pin length (x2) plus the pad-> pad distance on the PCB (footprint distance) to any length matching calculations.
- Non Functional Pads: Despite the name non functional pads are typically vias on which the annular ring is removed on layers where no connection is made. This can make a little more space in a tight area of the board or serve to reduce stray capacitance near sensitive signals. We've introduced support for NFP either via global command or to all vias inside a selection box. Design rules measurements take place either from the hole edge for depleted layers or from the edge of the annular ring where present. Users can remove and restore NFP as needed and the system will automatically restore the annular ring if the via is manually routed to on a layer that is currently depleted.
- SnapEDA Web Search: We've added integration with SnapEDA as a second vendor in the integrated web search, allowing direct access to their vast online library of parts and direct import into the Proteus application.
- Cloud Licensing: We've added access to log files, a heartbeat indicator and an authorised IP list to the web portal for enterprise customer cloud licensing.
posted on 2017-02-28
Version 8.6 is a significant release in our PCB development schedule with three main areas of focus.
First, we have introduced comprehensive support for automatic length matching on the PCB. Having configured tolerances and the serpentine shape the user can simply select the relevant tracks and then the invoke the match command from the context menu.
posted on 2008-11-11
Several fixes and updates